Friday 4 April 2014

Specifier: April 2014

Words from the Chair

By Kimberly J. Tompkins, CTR

Well, hopefully everyone had a safe and enjoyable St Patrick’s Day and have adjusted to the time change. I am still perplexed as to why we even participate anymore. When I am Prime Minister I am going to abolish the fall back time change and we will stay on this time forever! Nuff said!

Okay, in all seriousness, the expression “It Takes a Village to Raise a Child” also applies to supporting a New Chair early in her role so I would be remiss if I did not take the time to thank my Village (the amazing board) for doing everything they did to keep this association running and growing. I have always had a passion for CSC and have been on the board off and on over the years but this is the first time I have had a leadership role. I wish that I could say that I was the leader that I wanted to be or provided the leadership that has been shown by others that have gone before me. But this board has closed ranks and managed to do an outstanding job on their own. Instead of waiting for me to guide them they have stepped up and carried their portfolios all on their own. There has been a great deal of support for the new board members from the veteran group which goes a long way to ensure the continuity of the board let alone making sure the day to day business is addressed. Thank you to each and every one of you for doing such an outstanding job!

Continued...

Download the issue to continue reading this article and more!

Visit our archive to read past issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment